All Midea products carry a 2 year manufacturers warranty.
The standard and extended warranty do not cover:
Service calls which are not related to any defect in the Product. The cost of a service call will be charged if the problem is not found to be a Product fault. For example:
- Correcting the installation of the product.
- Instructing you how to use the product.
- Replacing house fuses or correct house wiring or plumbing.
- Correcting fault(s) caused by the user.
- Noise or vibration that is considered normal, e.g. drain/fan sounds, regeneration noises or user warning beeps.
- Correcting damage caused by pests, e.g. rats, cockroaches etc.
- Normal domestic use or
- Use in accordance with the Product’s User Guide.
Defects to the Product caused by accident, neglect, misuse or Act of God.
The cost of repairs carried out by non-authorised repairers or the cost of correcting such unauthorised repairs.
Normal recommended maintenance as set out in the Product’s User Guide. Repairs when the appliance has been dismantled, repaired or serviced by other than an approved trained and support service technician or the selling dealer.
Pick-up and delivery.
Limited Warranty Claim Costs/Fees
- Free warranty areas include homes in central city suburbs/areas of Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Mt Maunganui, Wellington and Christchurch (excluding outlining areas and Islands). In these areas, Appliance Warehouse will endeavour to repair, replace or service your warranty claim within a 5 working day period.
- In other areas, a travel surcharge and callout fees will apply which will be waived in a return-to-base situation.
- Items to be serviced/inspected must be in a suitable (thoroughly clean) condition otherwise costs of cleaning and repair preparation may apply.
Unauthorised Repairs / Repairers
Installation Workmanship and Materials
- Installations must comply with industry standards and normal practices including pre-installation inspection and checking and post-installation testing of all functions for failure. Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product.
- Sanitary, Plumbing and Drainage items must be installed by a registered industry professional.
- Electrical Installations must be undertaken by a licensed electrical worker and a Certificate of Compliance or Electrical Safety Certificate (including Registration / Practicing licence number) may be required.